We’re always looking for new writers. If you’ve got an idea that will challenge our readers and help improve their quality of life, we want to hear about it. But you don’t need to wait for an idea that will redefine motherhood, wife or womanhood. Just aim to bring readers a fresh perspective on a topic that’s keeping you up at night.
We’ll be honest, though: we are asking that you uphold the values of Living in Your Sweet Spot. We want your article to be at its best, and we’ll push you to get there. If we ask you to make revisions, we are only doing so because we understand our audience and we want to protect them.
You’ll be joining our family and we would love to have you!
What we’re looking for…
You may submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarizing your argument and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we only accept original content—we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog).
Please don’t send us press releases or sales pitches. You can visit Work with Me to learn how we can do business together.
Before you submit, look at recent articles for insight into structuring and formatting your piece, and make sure your submission:
- Has a thesis and offers a clear argument
- A list of tip and tricks are always helpful
- Has a voice. Be bold, interesting, and human.
- Is written for an audience of women who are moms, wives, daughters, working women, single mothers, etc.
- Is supported with convincing arguments, not just opinions. Fact-check, and cite sources where appropriate.
What we publish
We publish articles of anywhere between 500–1,000 words, depending on subject complexity. Articles may be casual in tone and content as we want it to be a easy but useful read for our audience.
How to submit (and what happens next)
Email us your submission (email@example.com). We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft. All you need to do is share the Google document with the email above and provide your information so that we can be in touch with you. You may also send us a plaintext file but please do not send a ZIP file.
Here’s what happens after you hit Send:
- We will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it.
- We will send feedback to you.
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
- We’ll schedule your article as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.